Apiguard - 10 Trays
Apiguard is a natural treatment to help control varroa mite populations in honeybee colonies. Tests show that Apiguard also helps to control tracheal mites/acarine and chalkbrood. It is a sophisticated, patented slow release gel that ensures correct dosage of its active ingredient, thymol. Thymol is a naturally occurring substance derived from the plant thyme.
Apiguard comes in 50g ready-to-use aluminium trays (two will treat one standard colony).
Apiguard has no harmful effect on the honeybee colony: neither on brood nor on adults. In regulatory terms, the EC maximum residue limit of Apiguard has been classified as “No MRL necessary” because of its low toxicity and hive residue profile.
Reasons to use Apiguard:
- Natural product
- Helps to fight against varroa mites, trachael mites / Acarine and chalkbrood
- No withdrawal time
- No risk to users
- Ideal in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programmes.
Apiguard is extremely easy to use:
- Place the opened tray face upwards in the top of brood frames, preferably centred over the colony
- After 10 days examine the tray and if it is almost empty, replace with a second tray. If there is product left in the tray after 10 days leave until day 14 and then replace
- Leave the second tray in position for a further 2-4 weeks and treatment has been completed (duration of treatment therefore lasts 4-6 weeks)
Apiguard works best in temperatures above 15°C. But it is also effective at lower temperatures even though the gel takes longer to evaporate and the gel needs to be left in place for longer.